Here is the playlist for August!
It’s the last month of summer, something that is kind of bittersweet to think about… These past few months have been awesome, and it’s a bit sad to think that summer will be over in just a few weeks. But at the same time it’s exciting to think about what’s coming!
- She’s Always a Woman – Billy Joel
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right – Bob Dylan
- Come And Buy My Toys – David Bowie
- Dark Horse – George Harrison
- Sunrise – Norah Jones
- Ten Years Gone – Led Zeppelin
- #9 Dream – John Lennon
- Gold Day – Sparklehorse
- Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
- Cactus Tree – Joni Mitchell
Yesterday we drove to Normandy in France to visit Omaha Beach and La Pointe du Hoc. It took about four hours to get to Normandy from Diksmuide, but the beautiful scenery made the drive very intriguing.
The monument ‘Les Braves’ – to honor the men who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of others
Walking along Omaha Beach and seeing the breathtaking view from Pointe du Hoc was a very humbling experience, and it is almost hard to imagine how these places have been the setting for something as fierce as the landings on D-Day.
La Pointe du Hoc…
– Ida ❤
Visited the beach in Nieuwpoort yesterday! The sun was out and the water was warm, so it was very nice – albeit a little windy… Beware of the tides though!
– Ida ❤
A few pictures from Diksmuide, Belgium, where I’m staying for the next two weeks 🙂
A market in front of the big church…
– Ida ❤
It’s a new month, which means a new playlist – below is a mix of songs that all deserve a listen!
- Baby Blue – King Krule
- Call It Fate, Call It Karma – The Strokes
- Evaporar – Little Joy
- Agoraphobia – Deerhunter
- Champagne Year – St. Vincent
- Nancy From Now On – Father John Misty
- Sun’s Coming Up – Tame Impala
- Heroin – The Velvet Underground
- Dazed And Confused – Led Zeppelin
- Black Balloon – The Kills
Thrifting is something I really enjoy doing, and something I have been doing quite a bit of over the last few of weeks. I always find some fun and unique items of clothing, and I love the idea of supporting a good cause while finding some cheap threads!
White Levi’s 511…
A fun, sheer t-shirt with a palm tree print…
Perfect for throwing over a bathing suit!
A pale yellow wrap top…
This little leather bag can be worn cross-body or just on one shoulder…
And it has an ideal size for going out and about…
I love stripes, I love scarves – this is the perfect combination!
Can you believe we’re already halfway through 2016?! I sure can’t – it seems like New Year’s was just last month!
However, we are now at the beginning of June, which calls for a new list of awesome tunes, so here you are – a June Playlist:
- The Acid Queen – The Who
- Cry Baby Cry – The Beatles
- Nowhere Near – Yo La Tengo
- Beginning To See The Light – The Velvet Underground
- Warm Ways – Fleetwood Mac
- Twelve Thirty – The Mamas & The Papas
- Days Of Steam – John Cale
- You Know What I Mean – Cults
- 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover – Paul Simon
- Mountains O’ Things – Tracy Chapman
– Ida ❤